Friday, July 11, 2008

Deploy Peace Featured on KOLD-TV

Last week was a great week.

Barbara and I were interviewed by KOLD-TV. What a great experience. Dan Marries was the reporter, and he did a great job getting us to relax. We were both so very nervous.



It is so very interesting to see the entire process on how a story comes together. Like most of us, you really do not know what goes into putting together a 2 minute feature each night. Dan and his photographer and intern arrived at my apartment around 2 in the afternoon and left around 3:45. It is amazing that to produce a 2 minute story it took nearly 2 hours, between set up, interviews with Barbara and I, and additional video of us packaging our necklaces.

We are so thankful that KOLD came out and did this. It really helps us get the word out and lets people know about this great opportunity for them to get some cool looking jewelery and raise resources for the Fisher House. Plus our designs are really a big hit and should be worn to honor and support our troops.

During the interview Dan asked was "Why are you doing this?" Well the answer is because we want to help. We wanted to do something to help the families of our soldiers, airmen, sailors and marines be closer to their loved ones in their time of need. We felt that since they were there when our country asked we could be there when they returned. Our partnership with the Fisher House makes that possible. That is why we are doing this and that is why we are honored to give a large portion of our proceeds to this great organization.

Thank you for your support and together we are making a difference. Even if you do not purchase a dog tag when you see a man or woman in uniform thank them for their service. They deserve that and much much more.

5 comments:

Doctors for Responsible Health Care said...

Hi Karen I really enjoyed your blog.

Unknown said...

I'm a veteran of the first Gulf War. I have a tag thanks to Karen. I like the idea of recycling retired military aircraft and a portion of the proceeds going to a great cause.

Dramatic1978 said...

I love this idea, thanks Deploy Peace!!! I will pass the word to all my family and friends. We are greatful there are people like you guys that want to make a difference in the world!!!

Sandy said...

I have known Karen for 35 years and when she told me about her idea to turn retired war planes into a message of peace, I was so impressed. I even got the chance to go with her to the "airplane" grave yard to get the raw metal. I also was with her when she took it to the engraver and saw the first prototype.
What a fantastic way to support the women and men who keep us safe and preserve our way of life.
With some of the proceeds going to the Fisher House, helps the veterans and their families be close while they recuperate.
I am proud of Karen and Barb for all their dediated hard work.

Anonymous said...

I love this idea!!!