Monday, April 13, 2009

We Are Featured In May Edition of Ladies Home Journal

We are so honored to be featured in this month's Veteran Appreciation edition of Ladies Home Journal. I was was so surprised when I received a call from a friend telling me that he had in his hands a copy of the magazine. Once he told me where he got it I was racing across town to get my hands on a copy, or three, ok maybe four.

I was so very nervous. I cautiously opened the magazine thinking that there would be a little article, however, I was so so surprised to see right there on page 13 a full page feature about our company. All I could say was wow! Then I picked up all the copies except one or two and excitedly pointed out the the cashier we were in the magazine!

I just want everyone at the magazine how much I appreciate everything they are doing to help and support our troops. Everyone at Ladies Home Journal are so wonderful. The reporter was so sweet and committed to helping veterans and the photographer was such a gentleman and he put me at ease.

Since the magazine came out we have been receiving such wonderful notes of encouragement. I wanted to share some of those with you.

"I've just ordered one of your necklaces and wanted to say thank you for the wonderful work you are doing. I have been working for peace since the Viet Nam days. Keep up the nobel job you are doing." Sharri, Rochester NY

"I was just reading an issue of my mother's Ladies Home Journal and came across the "Give Peace A Chance" and was so moved. My husband deployed in September for his second tour in Iraq. I wish you all the success and if you find yourself in need of help in Pennsylvania I would love to lend a hand." Chrissy, Pittsburgh, PA

"I just want to thank you for what you and Ms. Barbara are doing with Deploy Peace. My brother is in the army and I wasn't sure about how I felt about it. Your Ladies Home Journal article really put it into words; I support my brother 100% but I want peace." A. Veenstra

"I saw your article in Ladies Home Journal and ordered a necklace. What a beautiful idea, not only do I support the cause and those whom it will benefit, I love the idea of up-cycling the metal for a higher purpose" Amy

"I read about you in a magazine at the Dr's office. I have a nephew in the Border Patrol who may be deployed to either Iraq or Afghanistan in July. One tag is for me, the others are for my sisters." Tricia

Thank you all for you comments and your support for our troops. We appreciate everything everyone is doing to help our heroes come home to communities where they feel supported, understood and honored for the sacrifices they have made for all of us.

5 comments:

Miriam Tait-Walters said...

I just read the article today during my lunch break. What a fascinating and worth-while idea! I am originally from Tucson--actually born there at Davis-Monthan, so to own a piece of a salvaged aircraft from DMAFB would be nice not only for memories but to help out a great cause as well. The peace messages chosen for the necklaces are very moving!

GG said...

This is a great thing you are doing! I just read about this program from LHJ. Great Job!!

Unknown said...

I, too, read about your organization in the LHJ and was moved about the work you are doing to help the Fisher Houses. The tags I ordered today are for my
grandkids, as I never let them forget about the sacrifices that our military men and women have made and make for "us" everyday... especially having lived the military life for over 25 years.
Thank you... Gloria

Tante Rivkah said...

Congratulations on a wonderful idea! I posted your site on my FaceBook. As a Tucson resident, I think this is an excellent green idea for the D-M AFB combat scrap metal. May your son be protected and return unharmed. Deploy Peace! Shalom.

Becky said...

I read your article yesterday--how exciting! Great work!